8/23/10

From Canada to Paris-Stephanie Mackenzie's Art

By: Marcus Estvanko

I know I usually post my Obsession of the Week feature on Monday, but the person I will be writing about deserves more than just a weekly feature. She deserves an entire post all to herself. I will post my Obsession of the Week feature tomorrow, and it's a good one.

Last Friday I had an amazing interview via Skype with an amazing person by the name of Stephanie Mackenzie. At first I was nervous, we started talking about her art work, her life, and how she got where she is. I loosened up, listened, and learned so much from this incredible person. Stephanie was born and raised in Toronto Canada and quickly found that she had a knack for drawing. She could illustrate any cartoon character under the sun. Having honed her drawing skills throughout her life she really thought she would study illustration in college, but soon found a passion for photography and decided that was the path she would take.

She resides in Paris France where she works for an American company as a Photo Editor. She does art in her spare time, and it's her art that I was blown away by. She has one of the most unique styles I have ever seen. She mixes photography with illustration creating a pop style that is beyond beauty and words.



This piece is one of my favorites. It's entitled "Twisted Fate." Here is more of her work. Enjoy.







One stunning piece after another.

Please do yourself a favor and check out her personal website here, so you can view all of her work.

Thank you Stephanie on behalf of Fashion's Religion for taking the time to chat with me. And I wish you all of the luck in the world.

No comments: