8/24/10

Obession of the Week: If You Have to Cry Then Go Outside



If You Have to Cry Then Go Outside, And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You by the infamous Kelly Cutrone has been on my obsession list for some time now. This book has literally changed my life. The book is a know-all guide on how to stop being a scared little person and rise to be a power-bitch. Honestly, if this book was written by any other person I probably would not take it seriously. But being as it was written by Kelly Cutrone, one of the most successful power-bitch of the world, it does a person wonders.

I first picked this book up at a Borders because, well, Kelly Cutrone is one of my fashion idols. She is probably the only person in fashion that I would give my life to work for. Yes, I would die to work for Anna, but Kelly is on a another level, if anything I think working for Kelly would prepare a person better for this mean and harsh industry better than anyone could. The book is exactly how I pictured it would be. It's honest, interesting, and straight to the point.

The book is set up in a very interesting way, it's a biography of Kelly's life. It begins when she was a 16-year-old girl taking her first trip to New York City. The book goes into detail of how Kelly began as a publicist and ended up being one of the most powerful Fashion Publicists in the world.



I love this book so much because it teaches one to find their inner voice and to trust their gut beyond all others. It teaches you how to find your inner power-bitch personality and use it to become who you want to be. It doesn't matter if you want to go into fashion or medicine, this book will help you. At least it did me. I've marked this book as one of my guides to survive the world. Thank you Kelly Cutrone.

Stay stylish everyone.

--Marcus

1 comment:

StyleNonsense said...

I Really Wanted This Book, But Now I Realise I'm Already A Bitch.
HAAAAA.
StyleNonsense.blogspot.com