9/14/10

Spring/Summer 2011 RTW - Marc Jacobs

Ever since I've loved fashion I've loved Marc Jacobs. He has a way with clothing that no other designer has. He could make two bottle caps and tooth floss become the next big thing since skinny jeans. And I love him dearly for that. But why do I feel so empty after watching his 2011 Spring/Summer collection? I just didn't feel Marc in the collection, I personally do not believe he was in his zone while designing, maybe he had something on his mind, I don't know, but I'd never think I would see the day when I was... disappointed with a Marc Jacobs collection.

His big theme of the evening was retro, ruffles, and prints, and he nailed it. He managed to pull off a combination color pallet of bright vivid colors and soft girlish colors. He even threw in a few metallics. I was beyond obsessed with metallics last season, but I'm not so sure about this season, though he manged to make it work with the rest of his collection. Here are my favorite looks from the runway.



They are quite stunning, but now I'm worried about the Louis Vuitton show come this Paris Fashion Week.

Stay stylish everyone and enjoy the last days of Fashion Week.

--Marcus

1 comment:

dear mina said...

Im obsessed with this collection right now!!

www.minacaragay.blogspot.com