9/17/10

Spring/Summer 2011 RTW - Oscar de la Renta

Some of you may not have known, but Oscar de la Renta first started his fashion career by working for the late Cristobal Balenciaga, and this season was all Balenciaga with a modern De La Renta twist.

This collection De la Renta featured voluptuous sheath dresses, frothing blouses and of course pencil skirts. De la Renta chose an interesting color pallet with just about every color under the sun, from the girliest shade of pink, to navy, to the daring black. This collection was one of my favorites to show out of New York this season. Here are my picks from the runway.



One stunning piece after another, but what would be an Oscar de la Renta show without a beautiful, one-of-a-kind wedding dress to complete the collection. The bride that wears this will be one lucky bride indeed.



If I died right now I would be happy knowing I got to see this collection before I did.

In other news, London Fashion Week started today. I don't think I'll be posting many reviews this week except for the Burberry show.

Stay stylish

--Marcus

No comments: