10/1/10

Spring/Summer 2011 RTW - Balenciaga

Let me start this post off by saying, HELLILUAH it's raining in Vegas! That's right, it's actually cloudy and it's raining. It hasn't rained here for over 4 months. So anyway, back to purpose of this post.

Last night for a couple of hours I viewed all of the latest shows from Paris, and what can I say other than I'm impressed. I love most of the shows and though I wish I could write reviews for all of my favorites, well lets just say God hasn't invented the 30 hour day yet so I'm stuck writing a review for only a few shows at a time. Though, I think you should take my advice and view the collections of Balmain, Nina Ricci, Zac Posen, and Gareth Pugh.

This season Balenciaga went all messy and rock n' roll. Mostly dark colors with a few pastels to make it feminine-chic. We saw a lot of leather a lot of black and a lot of boots. All of the women in the show looked like some bad ass bitches you do not want to mess with. That's my favorite kind of women. Here are my favorite looks from the runway.

So before I end this post I have to give a special thank you to my friend Cathy from the popular blog, Confessions of a Pop Culture Junkie for giving me a special shout out. Cathy you are the best! Enjoy your trip and say safe.

Stay Stylish

--Marcus

4 comments:

ifashionberry said...

I love these looks! I think they did something different. =)
www.inbellesbubble.blogspot.com

Fashion's Religion said...

They definitely did something different! That's why I loved the collection so much. They got out of their comfort zone and instead of dressing the sophisticated women they dressed the rock n' roll lover. Thanks for the comment sweetpea

xoxox
Marcus

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

wow.. i love the collection.
amazing blog,you got.
now following you.
please check out my blog and follow me too.

www.fashionphoenix06.blogspot.com

Amy T said...

love the 5th look loadss