12/31/10

It's That Time Of The Year Again -- New Years

If you haven't already read the January issue of American Vogue, I would advise you to do so. I personally always look forward to the January issue of any of the 1,500 publications I subscribe to, because it marks the beginning of the new year. It's a new year to start fresh with friends and family. It's a new year full of new fashions, new movies, and best of all new memories. In the January issue of American Vogue, Anna Wintour wrote a very interesting Letter from the Editor. Usually she writes about what has inspired her to create this issue, and what is in store for us Vogue readers in this issue and in fashion, but this one was composed of the 10 things Anna is looking forward in the new year. She wrote, "I thought I'd offer up ten things I'm looking forward to in 2011. Believe me, it's a lot more fun than plotting out everything you need to change." So I'm taking a note out of her book and listening the things I'm looking forward to in the new year.

1.Precious Memories - Formost I'm looking forward to spending time with my friends and family in Ohio. It's been a little over 6 months since I've started living in Las Vegas and I miss them all dearly.
2.Vogue Paris - By now everyone should have heard about Carine Roitfeld's departure from Vogue Paris. Now, in 2011 I'm looking forward to seeing how the overall voice and look of the magazine changes with a new editor. I'm sure I'll still seek Vogue Paris for it's stunning editorials, but Carine will definitely be missed.
3.The Alexander McQueen Brand - I'm more than excited to see how Sarah Burton directs the fashion house Alexander McQueen. After Alexander's tragic death back in February, I think everyone was holding their breath to see how Sarah would manage. But she showed us she could definitely handle herself with her first collection, Spring/summer 2011. Now I'm anxious to see where she takes us for Fall.
4.The Strokes - I believe I tell everyone that I have trouble picking my all time favorite band. It changes upon how I'm feeling that day. Somedays it's Courtney Love, and other days it could the Moldy Peaches. But in all reality, the Strokes are my all time favorite band. I could listen to them all day, everyday and never get tired of Julian's voice. So that is why I'm excited for their new album due out sometime in 2011.
5.Fashion Literature - Two books that I'm really anticipating is American Vogue's, Creative Director, Grace Coddington's memoir, and Kelly Cutrone's new book, Normal Gets You Nowhere.
6.Haute-Couture - When it comes to fashion week, nothing excites me more than the couture shows. I just hope Valentino does better this year.

7.Fashion Blog - As someone who thoroughly enjoys blogging. I'm excited to see how fashion blogs continue to shape and influence the fashion industry.

8.Elle Magazine - After an altercation I had with an Elle Magazine customer service rep, I'm really looking forward to receiving all of my monthly issues, and on time.


I'm looking forward to 2011 deeply and I wish all of you a happy and safe new year.

What are everyones new years resolutions and goals?

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Ahh! I can't wait for Kelly Cutrone's new book! Seriously though I hate it when magazine subscriptions don't come on time. That always happens whenever I try to get Nylon Magazine -_-. My new year's resolution is to limit the shopping haha so I can be more creative with mix/matching outfits!

http://fashioncollective.blogspot.com/

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

i love this post.
fabulous.!

www.fashionphoenix06.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

Your posts are always so awesome. :) I'm also really excited how the McQueen brand's gonna go... Great post as usual, lol. :)

Happy new year!

www.eccentric-behavior.blogspot.com

bahja imaan davis said...

Hello:]
having this blog must be good practice for you since you wish to be a fashion writer.much luck with that and a wonderful new year!:]

http://monsteryandsaidso.blogspot.com

Romance Is Boring said...

I can't wait for The Strokes' new album! They might tour in the UK hopefully... I found Alexander McQueen's ss11 collection outstanding, and can't wait to see what she comes up with next x

thankyou for following and your sweet comment!

Thu Nguyen said...

I love Vogue! Nice blog btw. xx

originalnumber.blogspot.com

Obscure Alternatives said...

oh i didn't know grace coddington was putting out a book! i'm definitely looking forward to that.

It's history. It's poetry. said...

Hey marcus!
This is from the blog that was two girls one closet.
maybe you know that we deleted the blog, but I decided (since I love blogging way too much to stop completely) to make my own blog, not only about fashion, but about literature, art, photography, etc. It's more of a variety of things. I'm glad to see you still have your blog up and running - it's as great as it always was! Follow me and I'll follow back, it's great to comment on your posts again. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

cathy. said...

Isn't the model on the Vogue Paris avec monsieur Ford that 15 year old one? I personally find it ridiculous. She looks like a 25 year old only 10 years early. Still gorgeous though, which is probably why I'm so bitter.

xx

Bonnie said...

Who doesn't love the Strokes?!!??!?!
This is a great blog. Now following, for sure.

xoxo.
http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

Sophie Frances said...

I love that issue of Paris Vogue I just got the other day. you're right sarah is a super star...the coolest lady since sliced bread (you commented on a post of mine with that...you are the greAtest)

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I'll miss Carine SO much :'(.

Things will not be the same.

Nesha,
http://thebuttonowl.tumblr.com/

Ana G said...

Am so excited about this year, can´t wait for Grace Coddington's memoirs, she is the queen of editorials, i adore her. love.
LAZYCATSTYLE

Anonymous said...

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

subjectivism said...

I love the Strokes!